Discovering WordPress Post Count
WordPress is a widely known Content Management System (CMS) that enables users to create their own website, online store, or blog. It features a useful tool that allows users to compose and publish blog posts seamlessly. Nonetheless, to keep the momentum going on your website and achieve success, you have to create heaps of content. One way to keep tabs on your progress is by tracking your post count in WordPress. This article will hone in on how to obtain post count in WordPress.
The Importance of Understanding WordPress Post Count
Post count simply pertains to the number of published blog posts on your website. This metric is critical to monitor, especially when planning to expand your website and increase your users’ engagement. For instance, if you want to keep track of your blog updates’ frequency or add social proof to show that your website is frequently updated, then post count can be a helpful tool to keep track of. It can also enable you to compare your progress with your competitors, which helps you determine if you need to improve your strategy.
Various Methods to Get Post Count in WordPress
There are different methods to check post count in WordPress, and three common ways are outlined below:
Method 1: From the WordPress Dashboard
The simplest way to locate your post count in WordPress is accessing your website’s dashboard interface by following the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard interface.
- Click on the “Posts” link on the left-hand side of the screen. This will lead you to a page that displays all of your published posts.
- Look at the top of the page where it says “All (#) | Published.” The number in parentheses (#) denotes the total number of published blog posts.
Method 2: Using WordPress Plugins
You can also use WordPress plugins to obtain your post count, such as the free and easy to install “WordPress Popular Posts” plugin as follows:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and go to the “Plugins” menu.
- Click on the “Add New” button to look for the “WordPress Popular Posts” plugin.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Upon activation, explore the Widgets section on your WordPress dashboard and add the “WordPress Popular Posts” widget to your sidebar.
- Open the widget’s settings by clicking on the “Configure” button.
- Locate the “Total Posts” option and select “yes.”
- Save the widget settings, and your website should show a sidebar widget displaying your total number of published posts.
Method 3: Using PHP Code
Although a bit more complex, this method requires coding, but it is very straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Go to your WordPress hosting account and locate the “themes” folder.
- Find the “functions.php” file, which is inside the theme you’re currently using.
- Edit the “functions.php” file by adding the following PHP code snippet:
- Save the file and refresh your website. The total number of published blog posts should now display on your site.
Tracking your post count in WordPress is crucial for your website growth. There are several ways to check your post count, such as using plugins, the WordPress dashboard, and PHP code. Your choice depends on your preference and technical knowledge. Regardless of the method, you will have access to your post count, enabling you to monitor your progress, compare it to competitors, and optimize your website to attract more visitors.