“Unlock the Secret to Boosting Your WordPress Game – Discover the Ultimate Hack for Upgrading to the Latest Version!”
Perplexing Guide to Upgrading Your WordPress Version
Are you feeling lost and confused about upgrading your WordPress version? Fear not, for in this mind-bending article, we will guide you through the process with burstiness and perplexity.
Step 1: Back up Your Website
Before embarking on your journey to upgrade your WordPress version, you must first take a backup. This is crucial in case everything goes haywire during the process. Consider using backup plugins, such as UpdraftPlus or BackupBuddy, to backup all your website files and essential data to cloud storage or download it to your computer.
Step 2: Check Theme and Plugin Compatibility
Before diving into upgrading your WordPress version, you need to ensure that your current plugins and themes are compatible with the newest version. Some may be incompatible and cause unnecessary errors that could lead to frustration. Visit the WordPress plugins and themes page and update any outdated plugins or themes to ensure they work with the latest version.
Step 3: Upgrade Your WordPress Version
Time for the big event: upgrading your WordPress version. There are two ways to do this: automatic and manual.
An effortless way to upgrade your WordPress version is through the automatic upgrade method. Follow these steps:
- Visit your WordPress dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Updates’ tab
- Hit the ‘Update Now’ button to initiate upgrading your WordPress version.
- Wait patiently for the upgrading process to complete.
- Receive confirmation that your website has upgraded to the latest version!
If the automatic upgrade fails, or you prefer upgrading your site manually, try these perplexing steps:
- Download the latest version of WordPress from the WordPress website.
- Extract the downloaded file to your computer.
- Connect to your website folder via FTP or cPanel.
- Locate the ‘wp-admin’ and ‘wp-includes’ folders and rename them to ‘wp-admin-old’ and ‘wp-includes-old.’
- Upload the new ‘wp-admin’ and ‘wp-includes’ folders from your computer to your website.
- Delete the ‘wp-admin-old’ and ‘wp-includes-old’ folders from your website.
- Head to the ‘wp-content’ folder and download the ‘plugins’ and ‘themes’ folders to your computer.
- Delete the ‘plugins’ and ‘themes’ folders from your website.
- Upload the ‘plugins’ and ‘themes’ folders from your computer to your website.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and press the ‘Upgrade Database’ button if prompted to update your website’s database.
- Receive confirmation that your website has been upgraded to the latest version.
Step 4: Test Your Website
After upgrading your WordPress version, it’s essential to test your site thoroughfully to ensure everything is working correctly. Keep an eye out for errors, broken links and test all the pages, posts, plugins, and themes to ensure they are functional.
Step 5: Clean Up Your Website
Once you have successfully upgraded your WordPress version, cleaning up your website is a smart move to enhance its performance and security. By deleting unused themes and plugins, removing spam comments, and optimizing your database with WP-Optimize or WP Sweep plugins, your website’s speed will improve.
That seems to be it! Hopefully, we have decrypted the mysterious process of upgrading your WordPress version to the latest one. Don’t forget to follow the steps and enjoy the benefits of having an optimized and secure site.