Perplexity and Burstiness Edition: How to Remove the Infamous Divi Theme from WordPress?
So, you’ve decided to say goodbye to the commonly used and well-liked Divi theme in WordPress. But, why? Is it because you’re ready to try something new, or are you tired of dealing with pesky issues with the theme? Whatever the reason may be, removing the Divi theme can be a daunting task. Keep reading to learn the perplexing steps.
Method 1: Switch to Another Theme
One of the easiest ways to remove the Divi theme in WordPress is to switch to another theme. This permits users to customize their website seamlessly while keeping all data in place. Here are the breakdown of perplexing steps:
- Step 1 – Head over to the WordPress dashboard and click Appearance >> Themes.
- Step 2 – Hover over the non-Divi theme you fancy, click “Preview” to check its appearance.
- Step 3 – Press the “Activate” button.
Viola! Activating the new theme will eradicate the Divi theme from WordPress, but all past data will persist.
Method 2: Remove Divi Theme Manually
This method is a bit more complex but most effective to entirely remove the Divi theme from WordPress. Here are the perplexing steps:
- Step 1 – Surf to the WordPress dashboard and access Appearance >> Themes.
- Step 2 – Activate the default WordPress theme (i.e., Twenty Twenty-One).
- Step 3 – Deactivate Divi by clicking the “Delete” option.
- Step 4 – Promptly confirm the deletion of the theme.
- Step 5 – Deactivate and delete all Divi plugins associated with the theme.
- Step 6 – Navigate to the File Manager on your web server and log in to FTP/SSH.
- Step 7 – Head to the directory “/wp-content/themes” folder.
- Step 8 – Spot the Divi folder and wipe it out utterly.
By following these steps, the Divi theme will be fully uninstalled from WordPress, and any associated data will be removed from the web server.
Removing the Divi theme may seem like climbing Mount Everest, but if you take the perplexing steps correctly, it’s a reasonable process. Method 1 was the easiest, but it left the data intact. In contrast, Method 2 was challenging, but it’s the most effective in removing the theme and all its associated data. Ultimately, regardless of the method you choose, always take precautions by backing up the website data first.