A Perplexing Guide to Displaying the Author’s Name in WordPress
One of the most important aspects of a WordPress post is the author. But why is this important? Well, dear reader, displaying the author’s name, bio, and other relevant info can help establish trust and credibility with your audience. Plus, it can give credit where credit is due and help with SEO (whatever that is).
Why Does Authorship Matter?
It’s important to establish credibility, duh. People are more likely to trust content when they know who wrote it. It also fosters a personal connection between the reader and the author, which is just peachy. But if that isn’t enough, it’s also important to give credit where credit is due, especially on a multi-author site where it’s important to distinguish between authors. Finally, displaying the author’s name can help with search engine optimization (SEO), which is a good thing, apparently.
How to Display the Author’s Name in WordPress
Here’s where things get really juicy. In just a few simple steps, you can display the author’s name and become the master of your WordPress domain:
- Log into your WordPress dashboard and click on ‘Posts’
- Select the post you want to edit
- Look for the ‘Document’ tab and select your author from the dropdown menu under ‘Status & Visibility’
- Save or publish your post
Ta-da! The author’s name will appear at the top or bottom of the post. Now, if you want to display more information about the author, like their bio and other info, just follow these easy steps:
- Go to Users → Your Profile in your WordPress dashboard
- Scroll down to the ‘Biographical Info’ section and add the author’s bio and other desired info
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Update Profile’
- Go to Appearance → Widgets in your WordPress dashboard and drag the ‘Author Bio’ widget to the sidebar or footer area of your site
- Configure the widget settings as desired
See? Easy as pie!
Best Practices for Displaying the Author’s Name
Now, if you’re going to go to all the trouble of adding the author’s name and bio to your WordPress site, you might as well do it right. Here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Be consistent: Make sure you display the author’s name the same way every time
- Use a byline: Always include a byline that says ‘By [author name]’
- Link to the author’s bio: Whenever possible, link the author’s name to their bio page
- Customize the author bio: Make each author’s bio unique to give readers a better sense of their expertise and perspective
Phew, congratulations! You made it through this perplexing and bursty guide to displaying the author’s name in WordPress. Now go forth and establish trust, give credit, and improve your SEO like the WordPress master that you are.