“Master the Art of Posting on WordPress Pages like a Pro with These Tips!”
Perplexing Guide to Posting on Pages in WordPress
Introduction: What is a Page in WordPress?
WordPress, the content management system used by bloggers, businesses, and organizations across the globe, is a versatile platform. Apart from publishing content on your own website, it also enables you to post on other WordPress sites belonging to you or someone else. This guide is here to walk you through how to post on a WordPress page.
A Page vs A Post
It’s crucial to define what a page is in the context of WordPress before we proceed. In WordPress, a post generally refers to a blog entry, displayed in reverse chronological order. A page, on the other hand, usually has static content that doesn’t change frequently. Examples of pages include the ‘About Us’ page, ‘Contact Us’ page, and ‘Services/Products’ page, which can typically be found in the menu of your website, hence vital for visitors to navigate to essential content.
Accessing the Pages Section
To post to a page on WordPress, start by accessing the Pages section. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress website.
- Select the Pages section located on the left-hand side of the WordPress dashboard.
- Choose an existing page to edit or click ‘Add New’ to create a new one.
Creating a New Page
To create a new page, follow these instructions:
- Click on ‘Add New’ from the Pages section.
- Add the title of your page. This title will appear on the menu of your website, so ensure it’s descriptive and easy to comprehend.
- Add your desired content using the visual editor, such as adding text, images, and videos.
- After finishing, you can either publish the page immediately or save it as a draft.
Editing an Existing Page
To update an existing page, follow these instructions:
- Select the page from the Pages section.
- Hover over the page’s title and click ‘Edit’.
- This should take you to the same editing page you used to create the page initially. Here, you can add, remove, or edit content as needed.
- Once the necessary changes have been made, you can publish the page or save it as a draft.
Publishing a Page
When you’re ready to publish your page, follow these steps:
- Ensure you’ve added all the desired content to the page.
- Select the ‘Publish’ option located on the right-hand side of the editor.
- Choose between publishing the page immediately or scheduling it to be published at a later date.
- Set the date and time for scheduled publishing, then click ‘Publish,’ and your page will be live on your website!
Customizing Page Attributes
The Page Attributes section enables you to customize certain characteristics of your page. Here’s a guide on how to use this:
- Find the Page Attributes section located on the right-hand side of your editor.
- Select a different parent page (if your website has nested pages), change the page’s order, and select a page template.
- To change the order of the page on the menu, modify the ‘Order’ value; lower values appear higher on the list.
- To change the template of the page, click the dropdown beside ‘Template’ and select another option; some templates may offer specific functions, like a landing page or a full-width page.
The Final Verdict
Posting on pages in WordPress is a straightforward process that can improve your website’s content substantially. Pages offer an excellent opportunity to provide pertinent information about your business, products, or services, and streamline visitors’ ease of navigation, adding value and better usability to your website. Start creating and publishing pages on WordPress for a more robust, user-friendly website!