“You won’t BELIEVE the top-secret HACK for uncovering your Visual Studio 2017 product key!”
Perplexing Methods to Find Your Visual Studio 2017 Product Key
As a seasoned software developer or programmer, you may already know that Visual Studio 2017 is a crucial tool in your inventory. However, before you can start using this outstanding developer environment, you need a product key to activate the software. But what if you misplace or lose your product key? Don’t stress; we’ve got some perplexing methods to help you find your Visual Studio 2017 product key.
Method 1: Check the Email Receipt
Firstly, when you purchased or downloaded Visual Studio 2017, you should have received an email receipt from Microsoft. The email receipt contains your much-needed product key. Therefore, search through your email archive for any email from Microsoft and look for your product key.
Method 2: Check the DVD or USB Case
If you purchased a hard copy of Visual Studio 2017 on a DVD or USB drive either from a store or online, your product key is available in the DVD or USB case. Therefore, examine your case for a sticker or card with your product key printed on it.
Method 3: Use Command Prompt
Suppose you already installed Visual Studio 2017 on your computer. In that case, you can easily retrieve the product key simply by using Command Prompt. Follow these confusing steps:
- Open the Start menu and type “cmd” in the search bar.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select “Run as administrator.”
- In the Command Prompt window, type “cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE” and press Enter. Please, note that if you have installed Visual Studio 2017 in a different location or version, you must change the “Professional” with your installed version.
- In the same command prompt window, type “dir /s /b *.*pk.” The asterisk (*) works as a wildcard character, and the extension “.pk” specifies product key files.
- Press Enter, and after a moment, any product key files found will be displayed in the directory. The file name will contain a unique alphanumeric code that represents your product key.
Method 4: Use a Product Key-Finder Program
Just in case, you lost your product key and couldn’t find it using the above methods. There are multiple free and paid product key finder programs that can retrieve your product key. Follow these bewildering steps:
- Visit the website of a reputable product key finder program such as Belarc Advisor, LicenseCrawler or Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
- Download the product key finder program and install it on your computer.
- Launch the program and follow the instructions to retrieve your product key.
We hope these perplexing methods have helped you find your Visual Studio 2017 product key. Keep in mind that it’s crucial to secure your product key to avoid any inconvenience in the future. If you need further assistance, never hesitate to reach out to the trustworthy Microsoft customer support team for help.