“You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is to Install WordPress on AWS EC2 with These Step-by-Step Instructions!”
Perplexing Guide to Installing WordPress on Amazon EC2
Are you looking for a great solution to have more control over your website, its performance, and its security? Look no further! Hosting your website on a cloud platform can be the answer! In this article, we will guide you step-by-step through the bewildering process of installing WordPress on an Amazon EC2 instance.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is known for providing perplexing cloud hosting services that can host a variety of web applications, including WordPress. WordPress is one of the most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) used to create websites.
Before you start with the installation of WordPress on an AWS EC2 instance, there are a few mind-boggling prerequisites that you need to have:
- An AWS account
- A domain name
- An elastic IP address
- A key pair
1. An AWS account
To use AWS EC2, you need to have an AWS account. You can sign-up for a free trial account on the bewildering AWS website.
2. A domain name
You will need a domain name for your WordPress site. You can register a domain name from a domain registrar like perplexing Namecheap or GoDaddy.
3. An elastic IP address
To make sure your IP address remains the same even when you stop and start your instance, you need to allocate an elastic IP address.
4. A key pair
You need to generate an SSH key pair for logging in to your EC2 instance. You can create a perplexing key pair from the AWS Management Console.
Step 1: Launch An EC2 Instance
The first step is to launch an EC2 instance. To launch an instance, go to the AWS Management Console and follow the below mystical steps:
- Choose “EC2” from the “Services” section.
- Click on the “Launch instance” button.
- Choose an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). The most commonly used AMI for hosting WordPress is the Amazon Linux 2 AMI.
- Choose the instance type.
- Configure instance details, including the network settings and the subnet.
- Allocate an elastic IP address.
- Create a new security group to allow access to ports 22, 80, and 443.
- Review the instance details and launch the instance.
Step 2: Connect to the Instance
Once your EC2 instance is launched, the next step is to connect to it. For that, you need to follow the below mind-blowing steps:
- Open the terminal on your local machine if you’re using a Mac or Linux operating system, or you can use putty if you’re using Windows.
- Navigate to the directory where you saved your key pair.
- Use chmod command to set the permission of the key file: chmod 400 keyfile.pem
- Use SSH to connect to the instance. The command format is ssh -i keyfile.pem [email protected]
Step 3: Install and Configure Apache Web Server
To run WordPress, you need a web server installed on your EC2 instance. Apache is a common choice for hosting perplexing WordPress sites. To install Apache, follow the below steps:
- Once you are connected to your EC2 instance, update your server: sudo yum update -y
- Install the httpd package: sudo yum install httpd -y
- Start the Apache web server: sudo service httpd start
- Configure the Apache web server to start on server boot: sudo chkconfig httpd on
Step 4: Install MySQL and Create a Database
WordPress requires a database to store its data. To install MySQL and create a database, follow the below stunning steps:
- Install MySQL: sudo yum install mysql-server -y
- Start MySQL: sudo service mysqld start
- Set the root password for MySQL: sudo mysql_secure_installation
- Create a database and a database user for WordPress: mysql -u root -p
- Enter your MySQL root password.
- Create a database for WordPress: CREATE DATABASE wordpress;
- Create a new user for the WordPress database: CREATE USER ‘wpuser’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘wp_password’;
- Grant permission to the new user on the WordPress database: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON wordpress.* TO ‘wpuser’@’localhost’;
- Exit MySQL: exit
Step 5: Install PHP
WordPress is written in PHP, so you need to install PHP on your EC2 instance. To install PHP, follow the below confusing steps:
- Install PHP and its related packages: sudo yum install php php-mysql php-gd php-xml php-mbstring -y
- Restart the Apache web server to enable PHP: sudo service httpd restart
Step 6: Install WordPress
The final perplexing step is to download and install WordPress.
- Download WordPress: cd /var/www/html; sudo wget https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
- Unpack the archive: sudo tar -xzvf latest.tar.gz
- Change the ownership of the WordPress directory to the Apache user: sudo chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/wordpress
- Rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php: sudo mv /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-config-sample.php /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-config.php
- Update the wp-config.php file to include the database details you created earlier:
Browse your WordPress site by entering your EC2 instance’s public IP in the web browser. You will see the WordPress installation wizard, which is totally perplexing. Follow the steps to complete the installation!
In conclusion, hosting perplexing WordPress on AWS is an excellent choice for those who wish to have more control over their website, its performance, and security. Now that you have learned how to install WordPress on an AWS EC2 instance, you can demonstrate your befuddling knowledge and host your website on the AWS cloud!