“Unveiling the Ultimate Hack to Connect your GoDaddy Domain to WordPress Like a Pro!”
How to Point a GoDaddy Domain to WordPress
So, you’ve made the fantastic decision to start a WordPress website and have even purchased a domain from GoDaddy. However, you’re now feeling a little perplexed and maybe even a little bursty about how to point your domain to WordPress. Fear not, for we have written this article to guide you through the process!
Step 1: Connect Your GoDaddy Domain to Your Hosting Provider
First things first, before you can even think about pointing your domain to WordPress, you need to ensure that your GoDaddy domain is connected to your chosen hosting provider. After all, your hosting provider is responsible for storing all your website files.
Connecting your domain to your hosting provider is simple.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and navigate to your account dashboard.
- Select your domain name and scroll down to “Nameservers.” Click “Manage.”
- In the “Nameserver window,” select “Custom.”
- Enter your hosting provider’s nameservers (which should have been provided in the welcome email from your hosting provider).
- Click “Save” and voila, your domain is connected to your hosting provider!
Step 2: Install WordPress on Your Hosting Provider
Next up, you need to install WordPress onto your hosting provider. The good news is that some hosting providers offer one-click installations, while others require manual installation, but overall, the process is simple and straightforward.
- Log in to your hosting provider’s cPanel.
- Look for the “Softaculous Apps Installer” icon and click on it.
- Click on the “WordPress” icon, which should direct you to the installation page.
- Select the domain where you want WordPress to be installed, then click “Install.”
- Fill out necessary information such as your website’s name, username, and password.
- Click “Install,” and your installation will commence!
Step 3: Point Your GoDaddy Domain to Your WordPress Website
Now the exciting bit, pointing your domain to WordPress! This step is relatively simple and can be completed by following these steps:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and go to your account dashboard.
- Select your domain name and scroll down to “DNS Management” and click “Manage Zones.”
- In the “DNS Management” page, locate the “A Record” section and click “Edit.”
- In the “Points to” field, input your hosting provider’s IP address.
- Save your changes and wait for DNS propagation to complete.
And there you have it! Your GoDaddy domain is now pointing directly to your WordPress website.
Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Website
Congratulations, you have successfully pointed your domain to your WordPress website. The last and final step is to configure your WordPress website, ensuring it’s visible to the world.
Here are some essential configurations you will need to make:
- Login to your WordPress website’s admin dashboard.
- Go to “Settings” and click on “General” where you will find the website URL.
- Enter your domain name in the “WordPress Address” and “Site Address” fields.
- Save changes.
- Update your permalink structure by navigating to “Settings” and then “Permalinks.”
- Select a permalink structure that is SEO-friendly.
- Install and activate any essential plugins such as Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, and Jetpack.
In conclusion, pointing your GoDaddy domain to WordPress is a relatively simple process if you follow the above steps. Remember to connect your domain to your hosting provider before installing WordPress and configure your website correctly before making it live. Keep your hosting provider and WordPress updated, and that’s it – you’re ready to go!