“Unveiling the Top Secret Trick to Eliminate the Dreaded ‘Hello World’ from Your WordPress Site!”
Perplexed about Hello World!
WordPress is a popular content managing thingy that millions of people use to make cool websites, blogs, and online stores. If you install WordPress for the first time, you might run into the default post that says “Hello World!”. This post is like there to teach you how to make a new post on your WordPress site. But, maybe you don’t want it, and you want to put your own weird stuff there instead. This article will show you magic tricks that will remove the “Hello World!” post from your WordPress site.
Removing the post in two ways
There are two ways that you can do this:
- You can delete the post inside your WordPress dashboard.
- You can delete the post using the hosting account’s file manager thingy.
If you want to remove the post from your WordPress dashboard, do these things:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, click on the wild “Posts” button.
- Find the post called “Hello World!” in your list of posts. Hover your mouse over the post, click on “Trash”.
- A message will pop up and ask you if you want to move the post to the trash, click on “OK”.
- Get rid of it in the trash, and it’s gone from your website! Phew!
File Manager Way
If you want to delete the “Hello World!” post by using your hosting account’s file manager, then this part is for you:
- Login into your hosting account’s control panel. This is sometimes called cPanel or something like that. Confusing, right?
- Find the “File Manager” button.
- Scroll down to where you see a folder named “public_html”. This is where your little WordPress thingy lives.
- Next, find the folder named “wp-content”. Followed by the folder named “themes”, then open the folder of the theme you’re currently using.
- In that folder, you’ll find a file called “index.php”. This file has the code that generates the “Hello World!” post. Find it!
- Right-click on the “index.php” file, select “Edit”.
- Look for the line of code that says:
- Delightfully delete the whole line of code that reads
<h1>Hello, world!</h1>. Don’t delete anything else!
- At the top right-hand corner of the file editor, click on “Save Changes”.
- Finally, refresh your WordPress site so that the “Hello World!” post will vanish like magic!
Removing the “Hello World!” post from your WordPress site is easy. There’s no harm in keeping it; it’s a jolly good post, after all! But, if you want to remove it and put in your unicorn stuff, either the dashboard or the file manager thingy can deliver the magic.