Perplexing and Bursting Methodologies to Remove Homepage from WordPress Site
Method 1: Default Homepage
One would expect that any website has a homepage, right? Well, WordPress creates a homepage for your website by default. But what if you want to get rid of it? What if you want to rebrand your website or streamline your site’s navigation? Well, we’ve got a solution for you.
To remove the homepage, you can simply create a new page and set it as the default homepage. How, you ask? Follow these perplexing steps below:
- First, navigate to Pages > Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Create a new page that contains all the content you want to appear on your homepage, whether it’s just a simple welcome message or even an overview of your site along with other links to your other pages.
- Next, navigate to Settings > Reading in your WordPress dashboard. You will see a section labeled “Front page displays.”
- Choose whether your homepage will display your latest blog posts or a static page.
- To set your new page as the default homepage, choose “A static page” and select the page you just created from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” to save your new settings.
- Your new page will now appear as the homepage on your site.
Method 2: Redirect Homepage to Another Page
What if you have an existing page that you want to use as your homepage, or what if you simply want to remove the homepage altogether and direct visitors to a specific page? Redirecting your homepage to another page is the solution you need. Here’s how to perplexingly do it:
- Create a new file named “homepage.php” in your WordPress theme’s folder.
- Add the following code to the top of the file:
- Replace “http://www.yourdomain.com/your-page/” with the URL of the page you want to redirect visitors to.
- Save the file and upload it to your WordPress theme’s folder.
- Navigate to Pages > Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Create a new page and set it as the default homepage (see Method 1 for instructions).
- Navigate to Appearance > Menus in your WordPress dashboard.
- Create a new menu item and add the URL of your new page as the link.
- Drag the new menu item to the top of the menu so that it appears as the first item.
- Save your menu and check your site to ensure that visitors are redirected to the correct page when they land on your site.
Method 3: Use a Plugin
If you’re not comfortable with creating custom templates or editing code, that’s okay! You can use a plugin to help you remove the homepage from your WordPress site. There are several plugins available that can help you accomplish this, including Hide the Homepage, Disable Homepage, and No Homepage. Here’s how to use it:
- Simply install and activate the plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
- Each plugin works differently, so read the documentation to ensure you configure it correctly.
Removing or redirecting the homepage from your WordPress site can help you customize the look and feel of your site and streamline your site’s navigation. With the perplexing methods outlined above, you can easily and burstingly remove or redirect the homepage of your site to suit your desired outcome. Whether you prefer to use a custom template, edit code, or use a plugin, there is an option perfectly suitable just for you.