Get Your Mind Boggled: Selling Online Courses on WordPress
Selling online courses is a trendy way to share your expertise and earn some capital, but did you know that WordPress is a potent platform that can make this process easy? It’s true! So, sit tight and let us perplex and burst your brain as we show you how to sell video courses on WordPress.
Step 1: You Gotta Plan It Out
The first step in selling your course is to plan it out. Take a deep breath and dive into that stream of consciousness, identifying what you want to teach, and then break it down into modules or chapters. After fleshing it out, create an outline that includes objectives, the target audience, and the duration of each module.
If your course is going to be successful, you must ensure that it provides value to your target audience. Now’s the time to do some market research on what people are looking for in your course, throwing in a little pizazz to address those pain points, and make your course stand out.
Step 2: Creating Your Course Content Is Key
Now that you have planned out your course, step two is creating the content to deliver it to your audience. Drumroll, please, Content is king.
To make your course content engaging, use a mix of multimedia, such as videos, images, slides, and worksheets. It’s your choice if you want to record your videos using your smartphone or a webcam, or invest in a good-quality camera and microphone for better-quality video and audio.
Step 3: Pick a WordPress Plugin to Sell Your Course
Plugins are the key – they make setting up and managing your course easy-peasy. What’s more, you can accept payments and deliver your course content effortlessly. Three plugins commonly used for selling courses on WordPress are:
- LearnDash: This plugin is the bee’s knees. With its advanced functionality, including course progress tracking, quizzes, and certificates, LearnDash is a popular LMS (learning management system) used to create and sell online courses.
- LifterLMS: If LearnDash doesn’t tickle your fancy, no worries! You can give LifterLMS a go, including similar features like course progress tracking, quizzes, drip content, and more.
- WP Courseware: WP Courseware is a comprehensive course creation and management plugin that allows you to create and sell online courses. It includes features like a drag-and-drop course builder, progress tracking, quizzes, and much more.
Step 4: Get Your WordPress Website Set Up
It’s time to set up your WordPress website. First things first, install your preferred plugin, set up your payment gateway, and configure your course settings. Looking confused? Keep reading..
To install your plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard, select Plugins, and click on Add New. Then search for your chosen plugin, click on Install Now, and start setting up the plugin appropriately.
Don’t worry about the payment set up, a service like PayPal, Stripe, or Authorize.net got you covered. Easy-peasy!! Most plugins also have integration with these payment gateway services.
To configure your course settings, go to the settings section of your chosen plugin and set up your course pricing, content, and other settings. Have fun!
Step 5: Market Your Course
It’s the final step- market your course. Since you did not start this business to keep it to yourself, why not try a little marketing? Some ways to help:
- Email marketing: Build an email list of potential customers and send out promotional emails about your course.
- Social media: Hop onto social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote your course. Hashtagging is your good friend.
- Paid advertising: If you’re feeling deeper pockets today, use paid advertising platforms like Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, or LinkedIn Ads to target your specific audience.
- Content marketing: Get creative but remember to stay relevant! Create blog posts, videos, or podcasts that provide value to your target audience and promote your course within them.
Conclusion – You’ve Done It!
You’ve done it! Selling video courses on WordPress is a fantastic way to share your expertise and generate income. By planning your course, creating engaging content, choosing the right WordPress plugin, setting up your website, and marketing your course, you can create a successful online course business true to yourself.