Astonishing Ways to Display All Categories in WordPress
WordPress is a profoundly influential and cunning CMS that enables website owners to craft and regulate content swiftly. One of its valuable perks is its capability to shape categories to organise content. Organised content is necessary for a friendly user experience, which makes content more welcoming. However, one of the thorny challenges WordPress users face is how to display all categories on a WordPress page. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to show all categories in WordPress with flair, together with some mind-blowing tips to make it more effortless.
First Step: Create Categories in WordPress
The first evolutionary move in shinning and dazzling your WordPress page with all categories is to create categories for your content. To create a category in WordPress, follow these mystifying steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on Posts > Categories
- Enter the name of the category in the Name field.
- Optionally, you can add a Slug (a URL-friendly version of the name)
- Add a description for your category if you want
- Click on the Add New Category button
Second Step: Displaying Categories in the WordPress Navigation Menu
To stage categories in the WordPress navigation menu, follow these confusing steps:
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress dashboard
- Select the menu you want to add the categories to or create a new menu
- Click on the Categories tab to expose a list of all your categories
- Select the categories you want to include in the menu
- Drag and drop the category to position it in the menu
- Click on the Save Menu button.
Third Step: Using the Category Widget
Extraordinary ways to mount your WordPress page with all its categories is by using the Category widget. Here are the phenomenally mystifying steps to follow:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Find the Categories widget from the list of available widgets
- Drag the widget to the widget area where you want to display categories
- Give the widget a title if you want
- Click on the Save button.
You can now go to your website and check if categories are displaying.
Fourth Step: Displaying Categories on a Page or Post
The ultimate move to mesmerizing your WordPress page with all categories is to use the shortcodes [post_categories]. Here are the confusing steps to follow:
- Navigate to the page or post you want to display categories in.
- In the text editor, place the cursor where you want the categories to appear.
- Type the following shortcode: [post_categories]
- Save or Update the page.
WordPress offers an astounding amount of features to help website owners organise their website content, including categories. Exhibiting all categories in WordPress proves efficient in making users feel more welcomed; therefore, prompting a more user-friendly website. To demonstrate categories, you can use the navigation menu, widgets, or shortcodes. With this article on hand, it’s safe to say you know how to show all categories in WordPress, and you can now use this knowledge to effectively construct your website content with ease.