“Unlock the Secret to Displaying Category Posts on Your WordPress Page with These Simple Steps!”
WordPress Categorization: Tips on Displaying Category Posts
WordPress, an open-source CMS (content management system), provides website owners and bloggers various functions to create and publish content. However, one of the most significant features of WordPress – the ability to categorize posts – can be perplexing at times. In this article, we will provide you with bursty tips on how to display category posts in WordPress using different methods.
Method 1: Using The Default WordPress Category Widget
If you want to utilize the built-in WordPress category widget, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Appearance > Widgets from your WordPress dashboard.
- Drag and drop the Categories Widget into a widget area.
- Provide a title for the widget (optional).
- Select the desired display options for your categories.
- Click “Save” to update your widget settings.
Method 2: Using a WordPress Plugin
If you want to try out a WordPress plugin to display category posts, here are some of the best ones:
- Category Posts Widget
- JetPack Related Post
- WP Tiles
- Display Posts by Category
- Ultimate Posts Widget
To install and utilize the “Category Posts Widget” plugin, follow these steps:
- In the Plugin area, under “Add New,” type “Category Posts Widget” in the search box and select the plugin.
- Click on “Install Now” and activate the plugin.
- Drag and drop the Category Posts Widget into a widget area.
- Provide the widget with a title and other details related to its display.
- Save it and visit your website’s front-end to see your widget in action.
Method 3: Using WordPress Shortcode
Create a shortcode to display posts by category in WordPress using the following steps:
- Navigate to the page where you would like to display your category posts.
- Select “Add a shortcode” from the Elementor menu.
- Choose “Posts” widget, and a Posts block will appear.
- Click the “Choose Source” drop-down and select “Category.”
- Choose how you want to display posts, whether you want to display them as a full post or as summary excerpts.
- Provide the categories you want to display and any ordering criteria, such as recent posts first.
- Click on “Save” to update your settings.
Method 4: Using WordPress Category Page
Another way to show category posts in your WordPress page is to create a category page using an archive template. To create a category page, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Pages > Add New from your WordPress dashboard.
- Give your page a title, such as “Category Posts.”
- Insert the shortcode that will display posts from the desired category.
- Replace “category-name” with the name of the category you want to display posts from.
- Customize your archive template according to your needs.
- Publish the page and navigate to your new category page to see how it looks.
There are various ways to display category posts in WordPress. Whether you choose to add a widget, use shortcode, install a plugin, or create a WordPress category page, these methods will make your website’s user experience more convenient and manageable. So, go ahead and implement any of these methods, and make WordPress categorization work for you!