THE AWESOME POWER OF PINTEREST
Pinterest is an amazing social media platform that has the power to drive a ton of traffic to your website! With millions of users, it’s a search engine that’s all about pictures and inspiration, connecting with brands and finding new ideas. Integrating Pinterest with your WordPress site is a key way to reach a wider audience, boost engagement, and drive conversions.
STEP 1: CREATE A BUSINESS ACCOUNT
Your first step is to create a Pinterest Business Account. If you really want to maximize the potential of your Pinterest account for business, you need to create this special account that provides a host of extra features. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to www.pinterest.com and click the “Create account” button.
- Input your business name, email, and password. If you’ve already got a personal account on Pinterest, you can upgrade to the business account by clicking the three dots and selecting “Upgrade now”.
- Fill out your business details such as website URL, profile pic and bio.
- Verify your website by uploading an HTML file to your website’s root directory, or adding a meta tag to your website header
STEP 2: ACTIVATE THE “SAVE” BUTTON
The “Save” button is key to allowing users to save images from your website on their Pinterest boards. It’s quick and easy to install and shows up when you hover over an image.
- Log in to your WordPress account and go to the “Plugins” section.
- Search for “Pinterest Save Button” and install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin and go to the “Settings” page.
- Enter your Pinterest profile URL and choose the default image that displays when someone saves content from your website.
- Select the button type, size and position. Then save your settings and publish the changes.
STEP 3: VERIFY YOUR WEBSITE WITH PINTEREST
Now that you’ve installed the “Save” button, it’s time to add your website to your Pinterest account. Here’s how you do it:
- Log in to your Pinterest Business Account.
- Click on the three dots icon and select “Settings.”
- Click “Claim” from the left-hand menu and select “Claim Your Website.”
- Enter your website URL and click “Claim.”
- Confirm that you are the owner of the website and Pinterest will give you access to analytics, ads, and more.
STEP 4: ENABLE RICH PINS
Enabling Rich Pins provides more context about your content, making it more informative and attractive to your customers. Here’s how you can enable Rich Pins:
- Go to the Rich Pin Validator on Pinterest’s website.
- Enter the URL of a post or article on your website.
- Click “Validate.”
- If your website is approved, you can “Apply now.”
- Check your email for confirmation from Pinterest that your Rich Pins are enabled.
- Repeat the process for all types of Rich Pins you wish to enable
STEP 5: KEYWORDS AND HASHTAGS
Optimize your content for Pinterest’s search engine by using keywords and hashtags in your pins, boards, and profile descriptions. Relevant keywords help users find you easily, and hashtags are vital for gaining organic traffic.
STEP 6: PIN OTHER PEOPLE’S CONTENT
Sharing other people’s content is an excellent way to boost engagement and build relationships with others on the platform. To do this, simply use the Pinterest “Save” button to pin other people’s content onto your boards and be sure to tag the original source in your description.
STEP 7: PROMOTE YOUR PINTEREST ACCOUNT
Promote your account and boards across various channels such as your website, other social media channels, and email newsletters. Be sure to incorporate social media icons on your website that link to your Pinterest account, and encourage your audience to follow you on Pinterest. You can also include a Pinterest widget on your website to display your latest pins and boards to your audience.
Congratulations! By following these steps you’ve optimized your Pinterest account on your WordPress site, gaining you access to a new audience and helping you drive more traffic and conversions to your website. Remember to use keywords, pin other people’s content, and promote your account and boards to grow the number of followers and drive business success.