“Unleash Your Website’s Wow Factor with This Simple Trick for Adding Vibrant GIFs in WordPress!”
Incorporating GIFs to Your WordPress Site
With the rise of social media and online communication, it has become increasingly essential to make your content visually appealing and engaging. One way to captivate your audience is by adding GIFs to your WordPress site.
Method 1: Adding a GIF from Your Computer to Your Media Library
Adding a GIF directly from your computer to your media library is a simple process that involves:
- Accessing “Media” tab in the dashboard upon logging in to WordPress site
- Selecting “Add New” and choosing a GIF file to upload
- Providing a title, caption, and alt text for better SEO and accessibility
- Clicking “Insert into post” button to add GIF to your page or post
Method 2: Adding a GIF Using a URL
If you wish to use a GIF that is hosted on a website that supports hotlinking, this method can be of use:
- Make sure the GIF file can be hotlinked and copied
- Copy the URL of the GIF image you wish to use
- Head to your WordPress editor and click on “Add block” button followed by selecting the image block
- Select “Insert from URL” option and paste the copied URL
- Customize image settings according to your preference
- Click the “Insert into post” button to add the GIF image to your post or page.
Method 3: Use a GIF Plugin
This method is the easiest way to add GIFs to your WordPress site with the popular Giphy Embeds plugin:
- Log in to WordPress site and go to “Plugins” tab in the dashboard
- Click on “Add New” and search for “Giphy Embeds” plugin
- Select “Install Now” button followed by activating the plugin
- Create a new post or page and search for the “Giphy” block in the editor
- Type in a related keyword or phrase, pick a GIF from the list of suggested GIFs or search for another
- Click on the selected GIF to insert in your post or page.
The addition of GIFs can bring life and vibrancy to your content, but it is essential to use them sparingly and strategically to ensure faster loading times. Choose GIFs that are appropriate and relevant to your content to attract and retain your audience’s attention.
We hope this guide has assisted you in adding GIF images to your WordPress site. Happy posting!