Get Perplexed and Bursting with Visual Studio 2019
If you’re feeling the itch to develop desktop, web, cloud, mobile devices, gaming, IoT, or any other kind of applications, you need to get the Visual Studio 2019 software development environment installed on your Windows computer ASAP. Here’s a detailed and exhilarating guide that will take you step-by-step through the installation process.
Step 1: Check System Requirements
Before you get started, make sure your Windows computer is up to snuff with the following minimum specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 10 version 1507 or higher (64-bit)
- Processor: 1.8 GHz or faster CPU
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 20 GB minimum free space
- Display: 720p or higher resolution
Step 2: Download the Visual Studio 2019 Installer
Now that you’ve passed the minimum bar for your computer, it’s time to download the Visual Studio 2019 installer. Here’s how:
- Go to https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/.
- Click on the “Download” button under Visual Studio 2019.
- Select the edition you want to install: Community, Professional, or Enterprise.
- Click on the “Download” button again.
The download size may vary depending on the edition you choose and any optional components you want to install. Once the download is complete, run the executable file to kick off the installation process.
Step 3: Choose the Workload and Components
Exciting times! During the installation process, you’ll be presented with a juicy list of workloads and components that you can pick and choose from:
- Workloads: Different sets of tools and libraries that are grouped together for specific types of development. Examples include .NET desktop development, ASP.NET and web development, mobile development with .NET, game development with Unity, Python development, and more.
- Individual components: These are separate tools and features such as .NET Core runtime, SQL Server Compact Edition, Git version control system, and development languages such as C++, Python, and more.
Make your choice and get ready for the next round of options.
Step 4: Customize Installation Settings
Now that you’ve selected your workloads and components, it’s time to get specific with your installation settings. Here are some of the choices you get to make:
- Target directory
- Language packs
- Updates: Auto or manual
- Telemetry data collection: on or off
The more personalized, the better!
Step 5: Install Visual Studio 2019
You’ve come this far, don’t give up now! Click on the “Install” button and watch Visual Studio 2019 download and install all the selected components and workloads on your computer. The installation process may take some time, but it’ll be worth it.
Step 6: Launch Visual Studio 2019
It’s time to meet your new development environment – Visual Studio 2019. Launch it from the Start menu or desktop shortcut. On the first launch, you may be prompted to sign in with your Microsoft account or create a new one. Or, you can choose to skip this step if you don’t feel like associating your Visual Studio installation with a Microsoft account.
And just like that, you’re ready to rock and roll with Visual Studio 2019. Unleash your development skills and let the brilliance flow!