“Unleash the Power of WordPress: The Ultimate Guide to Unpublishing Your Posts Like a Pro!”
WordPress: Unleashing the Power of Content Management
WordPress is a pervasive content management system adopted by countless users around the globe. From writers to business owners and digital entrepreneurs, anyone can efficiently create, craft and share blog posts and articles on their website through WordPress. But wait, there might come a time when you may feel the urge to take down a published post on your WordPress website, be it to modify content or make some intricate changes. Finding yourself perplexed on how to unpublish a post? Worry not; we are here to assist you!
Unraveling Unpublishing a Post
Unpublishing a post on WordPress means that you’re putting the post offline, making it impossible for visitors to view it while still being present on the WordPress dashboard for editing purposes. Nonetheless, deleting a post is not the same as unpublishing, as it permanently removes it from your website.
Reasons to Unpublish a Post
If you’re pondering over the rationale behind taking down a post, some of the causes might suggest you unpublish a post on WordPress:
- The content needs revision or rectification
- You don’t want the post to be visible to website visitors anymore
- The post requires changes in images or information
- You aspire to schedule the post for a later date
- You’re planning to make changes to SEO settings or remove/add categories or tags
How to Unpublish a Post on WordPress
Unpublishing a post on WordPress is an effortless process that can be completed in simple steps listed below:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard: Access the WordPress dashboard and review all the site’s content, such as posts, pages, and media. Key in your username and password to get started.
- Go to the Posts section: Once logging in, head over to the ‘Posts’ area, where all published and draft posts are stored. Click on ‘Posts’ placed at the left of the screen.
- Find the post you want to unpublish: Select the post that you want to unpublish from the list or use the search bar to locate it. Once you’ve found it, click the post to open it in the editor.
- Unpublish the post: In the right-hand menu of the editor, locate the “Publish” section, which indicates the present status of the post, providing the option of making changes to its publication settings. Click on the “Edit” button placed right next to the status option. From the dropdown menu, select the “Draft” option that takes the post offline and makes it invisible to your website’s visitors.
- Save the Changes: After making the changes, click on the “Update” button located at the top of the post editor to save all the changes. It will take the post offline and eliminate it from public view on your website. However, don’t fret! You can republish the post later, just like before.
Unpublishing a post on WordPress doesn’t need to be time-consuming or a strenuous process. It can be done quickly and simply with just a few clicks. Whether you desire to rectify the content or altogether remove the post, having such control over your website’s content can make all the difference. With our simple steps, you can get started with unpublishing a post on WordPress in no time!