Exploring the Wonderful World of WordPress Embedding
WordPress is the bees knees when it comes to building websites and blogs. This is because it’s a super-flexible platform with tons of customization capabilities. It’s an easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy process to add more functionality through plugins and widgets, but how about embedding multimedia content? When you add videos, audio files or images to your website, it can greatly enhance the user experience of your website. So, let’s explore how to put embed code in WordPress and keep your visitors glued to your website.
What is Embed Code?
Embedding code is like magic HTML that enables us to include multimedia content in our websites from third-party websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, among others. It’s an awesome way to add some pizzazz to your website and keep visitors engaged. Whether it’s videos, images, PDFs or maps, you name it!
How to Put Embed Code in WordPress?
Now that we know what embed code is let’s transition to the technical part of this article and explain how to put embed code in WordPress. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1 – Identify the Website That Offers Embed Code Option
Before you embed multimedia content, you first need to find the website that offers an embed code option. For instance, if you want to embed a YouTube video, head to the YouTube website, select the video you want to embed, click on the ‘Share’ button, and then click on the ‘Embed’ option. Voila! YouTube will generate an HTML code that you can use to embed the video on your WordPress website.
Step 2 – Copy the HTML Code
Once you have generated the HTML code, copy it to your clipboard. You can also choose the right size of your media content at this point.
Step 3 – Add the Code to Your WordPress Post
WordPress offers two ways to embed code into your post or page – the Classic editor and the Gutenberg editor. Below, we will go through both approaches.
- Navigate to the page or post where you want to embed the media content in the Classic editor.
- Click on the ‘Text’ tab to enter the HTML code view
- Paste the HTML code at the point where you want the multimedia content to appear.
- Create a new block by clicking on the ‘+’ icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the ‘Custom HTML Block’ option from the list of available blocks
- Paste the HTML code into the newly created block.
Step 4 – Preview and Publish
After you have pasted the embed code, preview your work to see if everything looks as intended. You can then publish your post or page for your audience to see.
Tips for Using Embed Codes in WordPress
- Resize your embeds to maximize the user’s experience on your website.
- Ensure that the media content you are embedding does not infringe on any copyrights.
- Always check to ensure there are no broken links in your embeds.
- You can also use plugins to add more customization to your embeds for a truly unique experience.
Embedding multimedia content is a fantastic way to add value and help attract visitors to your WordPress website. With the right knowledge, you can easily use embed code to add videos, images, audio files, maps, and more. This article has provided a step-by-step guide on how to put embed code in WordPress. Follow these steps, keep the tips in mind and let your creativity prosper to embed multimedia content easily and enhance the user experience of your WordPress website.