Solved!! Error: JavaFX runtime components are missing, and are required to run this application IntelliJ IDEA
If you are encountering the error “JavaFX runtime components are missing” when using IntelliJ IDEA, you can try adding the following line to the VM Options field in the Run/Debug Configuration to include the JavaFX libraries in the classpath:
--module-path /path/to/javafx-sdk-version/lib --add-modules javafx.controls,javafx.fxml
Replace “/path/to/javafx-sdk-version/lib” with the path to the JavaFX libraries on your system, and make sure to include the correct version number.
To add this line to the VM Options field in the Run/Debug Configuration, follow these steps:
- In IntelliJ IDEA, go to “Run” > “Edit Configurations”.
- In the Run/Debug Configurations dialog, select the configuration for your JavaFX application.
- In the “VM Options” field, enter the line above, including the path to the JavaFX libraries on your system.
- Click “Apply” to save the changes to the configuration.
- Try running your JavaFX application again to see if the error has been resolved.
Note: If you are still encountering the error after adding this line to the VM Options field, you may need to check the documentation or support resources for your specific application or software to see if there are any additional requirements or steps to install JavaFX.