Puzzling Ways to Remove Elementor from WordPress
If you’re stuck with the brain-aching task of removing Elementor from your WordPress configuration, fret not. Elementor is well-known for being a popular page builder for WordPress that allows users to design their pages with ease, despite lacking coding experience. Its beginner-friendly interface guarantees a sleek website design with modern elements. Unfortunately, getting rid of Elementor is even more perplexing than trying to pronounce its name.
Step 1: The Uninstall Stunt
To start removing Elementor altogether, you’ll need to deactivate and then uninstall the plugin. Here’s how:
- Open up your WordPress dashboard and go to the “Installed Plugins” tab under “Plugins.”
- Find the Elementor plugin and click “Deactivate”.
- Find the now-deactivated Elementor plugin and click “Delete”.
- Confirm by selecting “Yes, delete these files” when prompted by WordPress.
- To ensure anything related to Elementor is removed, clear the cache and refresh your website.
Step 2: The Vanishing Act
Elementor comes pre-packed with pre-designed templates and files that are usually stored in your website’s database or files. Sometimes these files don’t magically disappear with the plugin and must be removed manually. Here’s how:
- To delete templates go into “Elementor” in the WordPress dashboard and select “Templates”.
- Select the templates for removal.
- Hit “Delete” from the Bulk Actions dropdown menu.
- Confirm deletion by selecting “Yes, delete.”
- For successful removal of any remaining files, install a third-party plugin like WP-Optimize with a database clean-up feature.
Step 3: The Funny Business
Some sneaky elements of Elementor may still lurk on your website, despite following the first two steps. To ensure complete removal, it is recommended to clean-up the website’s cache.
- Use WP-Sweep, a plugin, and locate the remaining elements by selecting “Tools” and then “Sweep”.
- WP Fastest Cache plugin can also clear the website’s cache to remove any residual elements.
The Wrap-up Wrap Up
Removing Elementor entirely from your WordPress website is nerve-racking but not impossible. Should the plugin slow down your webpage or conflict with your scheme, removing it is a sensible choice. Always back-up your website data and follow the recommended precautions. With the right tools and approach, removing Elementor from WordPress will seem less intimidating, giving you a faster and more convenient site-building experience.