Perplexity and Burstiness: Removing Divi from WordPress
Divi is a drag and drop WordPress builder that has taken the market by storm with its range of features. It has become extremely popular among users who want to create visually stunning websites without having to write any code. However, not everyone is a fan of Divi. If you are one of those people who have tried it out and want it removed from your website, perplex no more! This article will guide you through the process.
Why Remove Divi from WordPress?
Divi may have many great features, but it’s not perfect for everyone. Some reasons why you might want to remove Divi from your website are:
- Slows down your website: Divi has many customization options, but all those features come at a cost. It can add unnecessary code to your website that can slow it down.
- Not beginner-friendly: While Divi is marketed as a beginner-friendly builder, it can be overwhelming for some users. If you’re new to web design or WordPress, you might find Divi too complicated.
- You want to try a different builder: There are many WordPress builders available, and you might want to try something different.
Steps to Remove Divi from WordPress
- Deactivate and Delete the Divi Theme
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes.
- Hover over the Divi theme and click on Theme Details.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the Delete button.
- To confirm the deletion, click on OK.
- WordPress will now remove the Divi theme from your website.
- Remove the Divi Builder Plugin
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
- Find the Divi Builder plugin and click on Deactivate.
- Once the plugin is deactivated, you will see a Delete link appear. Click on Delete.
- WordPress will now remove the Divi Builder plugin from your website.
- Remove any Divi Shortcodes and Custom CSS
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to Pages or Posts.
- Click on the page or post that you’ve created using Divi.
- Switch to the Text editor.
- Look for any shortcodes or custom CSS that you’ve added using Divi.
- Delete them and save the changes.
- Revert to a Default WordPress Theme
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Search for a default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty-One or Astra.
- Click on Install and then Activate.
- Your new theme will now be active on your website.
- Run a Speed Test
The first step to removing Divi from your WordPress website is to deactivate and delete the Divi theme. Here’s how to do it:
The Divi theme is closely tied to the Divi Builder plugin. To completely remove Divi from your website, you will need to delete the plugin as well. Here’s how to do it:
If you’ve used Divi to create pages or posts on your website, you might have added some custom code or shortcodes. These can cause formatting issues or errors once you remove Divi from your website. Here’s how to remove them:
Now that you’ve removed Divi from your WordPress website, you will need to choose a new theme. If you’re unsure which theme to use, you can choose a default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty-One or Astra. Here’s how to do it:
One reason you might have wanted to remove Divi from your website is that it was slowing it down. Now that you’ve removed it, it’s a good idea to run a speed test to see if your website is faster. You can use a tool like GTMetrix or Google PageSpeed Insights to test your website’s speed.
Divi is an amazing WordPress builder, but it’s not for everyone. If you’ve decided to remove Divi from your website, the steps outlined in this article will guide you through the process. Don’t forget to remove any shortcodes or custom code that you’ve added using Divi and choose a new theme to replace it. Finally, run a speed test to make sure that your website is faster now that Divi is gone.