Visual Studio 2019: An Integrated Development Environment Like Never Before
Microsoft’s Visual Studio 2019 is a blessing for developers. It has an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that helps build and debug software applications. Visual Studio 2019 is packed with a massive collection of packages, which means an enormous set of tools or libraries that can be readily installed and used by developers to increase their productivity.
A Comprehensive Guide on How to Install a Package in Visual Studio 2019
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to install a package in Visual Studio 2019:
Step 1: Launch Visual Studio 2019
Launch the Visual Studio 2019 application on your computer by double-clicking the Visual Studio 2019 icon on your desktop or opening it from the Start menu.
Step 2: Create a New Project
Create a new project by clicking on “Create a new project” from the start page.
Step 3: Choose a Project Template
Select the most suited project template from the various options such as console applications, web applications, desktop applications, etc.
Step 4: Install a Package
The package installation process is as follows:
- Right-click on the project name in the Solution Explorer, and select “Manage NuGet Packages…”.
- In the “Manage NuGet Packages” window, search for the desired package by either browsing or typing its name in the “Search” bar.
- Click on the “Install” button next to the package name.
- A new window appears showing the dependencies that need to be installed. Click on the “OK” button to proceed with the installation.
- After the installation is complete, you will see a green tick next to the package name, indicating that the package has been successfully installed.
Step 5: Use the Installed Package
After installation, use the package in your project by adding a reference to it. To do this, right-click on your project in the Solution Explorer and select “Add Reference…”. In the “Reference Manager” window that appears, click on the “Browse” button and navigate to the folder where the package is installed. Select the package and click on the “OK” button to add the reference to your project.
Installing packages in Visual Studio 2019 is a simple and straightforward process. By following the steps mentioned above, you can undoubtedly enhance your productivity and make the most out of the extensive collection of packages available in Visual Studio 2019.