If You’re Running a WordPress Website
As a website owner or designer, you must pay heed to the footer section of your website. It appears at the bottom of every page, and you cannot overlook its significance. After all, it displays important links, contacts, and other vital information about your website.
However, sometimes the footer section can take up too much space on your website. A cluttered and unprofessional footer can hamper your website’s performance. Fortunately, it is easy to reduce the footer size in WordPress in a few simple steps. We’ll guide you through
Why Consider Reducing Your Footer Size?
Reduce your footer height to achieve a few significant advantages, including:
- Improved website loading speed: A bloated footer can slow down your website’s loading speed, which can frustrate your visitors and negatively impact your SEO.
- Making your website look cleaner and more professional: A small, well-organized footer can make your website look more polished and professional.
- Making your website more user-friendly: By reducing your footer size, you can highlight the most important pages on your website and help guide your visitors to them.
How to Reduce Footer Size in WordPress?
Follow these simple steps to reduce your footer size in WordPress
Step 1: Determine which Footer Section You Want to Reduce
Before making any changes to your footer, determine which section you want to reduce, such as contacts, copyright information or social media profiles.
Step 2: Use CSS to Adjust the Footer Size
The easiest way to reduce your footer size in WordPress is by using CSS. Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize.
- Click on “Additional CSS.”
- Paste the following code into the CSS editor:
padding: 20px 0;
5. Adjust the “20px” value to increase or decrease the size of your footer.
6. Once you’re happy with the size of your footer, click “Publish.”
Step 3: Remove Unnecessary Content from Your Footer
Identify content that is not helping users navigate your website and remove it from your footer.
Step 4: Rearrange Your Footer Content
Categorize your most important links at the top of the footer, use columns to organize links or create hidden accordion menus to hide less important content. You could also implement icons to represent social media links, and other information and by using these tips, you can make your footer stand out, making it look more professional while also reducing its size.
Reducing the size of your footer in WordPress is an easy way to make your website look more professional and improve its performance. By using CSS, removing unnecessary content, rearranging your footer content, and following the tips outlined above, you can create a small, well-organized footer that helps your visitors navigate your website and find necessary information with ease.