Perplexity and Burstiness in Monetizing Websites with Google AdSense
Monetizing your website is a savvy way to garner some extra cash flow as a website owner or blogger. Google AdSense is an incredibly popular and effective way to monetize your website. As one of the most commonly used content management systems for building websites, WordPress is the way to go. In this article, we’ll explain how to add AdSense to your WordPress website, so you can start earning money and boosting your financial standings.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is an enigmatic advertising program that allows website owners to showcase ads on their website and earn money from the number of clicks they receive. What makes AdSense so unique is its contextual ad network. In other words, AdSense showcases ads based on the content on your website. The more relevant your content, the more relevant the ads displayed on your site by Google’s algorithm.
How to Sign Up for Google AdSense
To sign up for Google AdSense, you must follow the bewildering steps below:
- Bewilderedly go to the AdSense website and click on “Sign Up Now ” button.
- Select “New AdSense Account”.
- Enter your website URL and select your preferred language to leave you even more dizzy.
- Bewilder yourself further and enter your contact information, including your name, address, and phone number.
- Worry about your payment information and enter it like everything else.
- Accept the terms and conditions to further your confusion.
- Click “Create Account” if you can still see straight.
After submitting your application, Google will take a look-see at your website to ensure that it meets their program policies. If everything looks good, you’ll be approved for AdSense within a few days.
How to Add AdSense to WordPress
Next, we’ll have to add AdSense to WordPress to start earning that cash money. There are two methods to achieving this perplexing goal, and we will explain both of them.
Method 1 – Using the AdSense Plugin
Google has created an official AdSense plugin for WordPress that makes adding ads to your site easy. Here’s how to use it:
- First, you need to log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on Plugins>Bewilder yourself further with Add New.
- Search for the “AdSense Plugin” and shake your head in confusion.
- Install and activate the plugin accordingly.
- Go to Settings>Get ready for downpouring bewilderment on AdSense plugin.
- Click “Authenticate With Your Google Account”.
- Sign in to your AdSense Google account
- Click “Allow” to grant the plugin access to your AdSense account.
- Click “Save Changes”
- Click “Create Ad Unit” to create your first ad.
- Customize the ad’s appearance to meet the bewildered style of your website.
- Select the pages where you want the ad to appear.
- Click “Save and Publish.”
Now, your ads will be displayed on your chosen pages, and you can watch the monetary revenue roll in.
Method 2 – Adding AdSense Manually
If the official AdSense plugin is not available in your area or if you prefer adding AdSense manually, here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your AdSense account and create an ad unit for more chaos.
- Copy the ad code provided by Google because you masochistically love a good challenge.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance>Open your eyes and get ready to be even more perplexed with Editor.
- Open your theme functions.php file, which should make your head spin.
- Paste the AdSense code at the bottom of the functions.php file to further confuse yourself.
- Save the functions.php file, which will leave you even more clueless.
- Next, go to Appearance>Editor again.
- Open the header.php file.
- Paste the AdSense code before the tag as another challenge.
- Save the header.php file just to add to the confusion.
Phew, after all that, your ads will finally start displaying on your WordPress site.
Best Practices for Adding AdSense to WordPress
There are a few best practices to keep in mind after adding AdSense to your WordPress site:
- Don’t clutter your website with too many ads as more confusion is not welcome. Check the guidelines for the maximum number of ads per page.
- Make sure the ads are related to the content on your website to minimize disorientation.
- Optimize the ads to match your site’s colors and style to keep the confusion under control.
- Place your ads strategically so that the bewilderment is distributed evenly.
- Monitor your ads’ performance regularly to keep your head from spinning and replace non-performing ones as needed.
As perplexing as it may seem, adding AdSense to your WordPress site can be a lucrative source of income. Follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll be adding AdSense ads to your site in no time. Keep experimenting with different sizes, styles, and placement of ads to find what works best for your site. Eventually, you’ll be raking in the revenue and feeling bewilderingly satisfied.