How To Use WhatsApp: A Step-by-step Beginner’s Ultimate Guide
WhatsApp is a popular messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) service that allows you to communicate with others through text messages, voice calls, and video calls. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use WhatsApp:
- Download and install the WhatsApp app on your smartphone. You can find it in the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play Store (for Android).
- Open the app and enter your phone number. WhatsApp will send you a verification code via SMS. Enter the code to verify your phone number.
- Set up your profile. You can add a profile picture and set your name in the “Settings” menu.
- Add contacts. You can add contacts by going to the “Chats” tab and selecting the “New Chat” button. Type in the phone number or name of the person you want to contact and tap “Send.”
- Start chatting. Once you’ve added a contact, you can start chatting by tapping on their name in the “Chats” tab. Type your message in the text field at the bottom of the screen and press “Send” to send it.
- Make a voice or video call. To make a voice or video call, tap on the phone or camera icon at the top of the chat screen.
- Use other features. WhatsApp offers a number of other features, including the ability to share photos and videos, send voice messages, and create group chats. You can find these options in the “Attachment” button (paperclip icon) or the “New Group” button in the “Chats” tab.
That’s it! You’re now ready to use WhatsApp to stay in touch with your friends and family.