How To Free Up Disk Space On Windows 10
There are several ways to free up disk space on a Windows 10 computer:
- Uninstall unnecessary programs: Go to the Start menu and click on “Settings.” Then, click on “Apps” and select the program you want to uninstall. Click on “Uninstall” and follow the prompts to remove the program.
- Delete temporary files: Windows stores temporary files to help your computer run more efficiently. To delete these files, open the Start menu and type “disk cleanup” into the search bar. Click on “Disk Cleanup” and select the drive you want to clean up. Click “OK” and then select the files you want to delete.
- Remove large files: You can use the search function to find large files on your computer. To do this, open the Start menu and type “size:gigantic” into the search bar. This will show you a list of all the files on your computer that are larger than 1 GB. You can delete any of these files that you no longer need.
- Disable hibernation: Hibernation is a power-saving state designed to allow your computer to quickly resume where you left off. However, it also uses up a significant amount of disk space. To disable hibernation, open the Start menu and type “power options” into the search bar. Click on “Power Options,” then click on “Choose what the power buttons do.” Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable” and uncheck the box next to “Turn on fast startup (recommended).”
- Enable compression on large files: If you have a lot of large files that you don’t need to access frequently, you can compress them to save space. Right-click on the file, select “Properties,” and click on the “Advanced” button. Check the box next to “Compress contents to save disk space” and click “OK.”
By following these steps, you should be able to free up some disk space on your Windows 10 computer.