How To Download And Install Kali Linux ISO On Oracle Virtualbox
To download and install Kali Linux ISO on Oracle VirtualBox, follow these steps:
- Download and install Oracle VirtualBox on your computer. You can download the latest version of VirtualBox from the official website at https://www.virtualbox.org/.
- Download the Kali Linux ISO file from the official Kali Linux website (https://www.kali.org/downloads/). You can choose between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions depending on your computer’s architecture.
- Once VirtualBox is installed, launch it and click the “New” button to create a new virtual machine.
- In the “Create Virtual Machine” window, enter a name for your virtual machine and select “Linux” as the operating system and “Debian” as the version. Click “Next” to continue.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to specify the amount of memory (RAM) you want to allocate to the virtual machine. It’s recommended to allocate at least 2GB of RAM for a smooth experience. Click “Next” to continue.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to create a virtual hard disk. Select “Create a virtual hard disk now” and click “Create” to proceed.
- In the “Create Virtual Hard Disk” window, select “VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)” as the hard disk file type and click “Next”.
- On the next screen, choose “Dynamically allocated” as the storage type and click “Next”.
- In the “File location and size” window, specify the size of the virtual hard disk and the location where you want to save it. It’s recommended to allocate at least 20GB of space for the virtual hard disk. Click “Create” to proceed.
- After creating the virtual machine, select it and click the “Settings” button.
- In the “Settings” window, go to the “Storage” section and click the “Empty” optical drive under the “Controller: IDE” section.
- Click the “Add Optical Drive” button and select the “Add ISO” option.
- In the “Add ISO Image” window, browse to the location where you have saved the Kali Linux ISO file and select it. Click “Open” to add the ISO file to the virtual machine.
- Click “OK” to close the “Settings” window.
- Start the virtual machine by clicking the “Start” button. The Kali Linux installation process will begin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Note: During the installation process, you will be asked to create a user account and set a password for it. Make sure to choose a strong and unique password for your user account to protect your system from unauthorized access.