How To Add Categories And Subcategories In WordPress
To add categories and subcategories in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to the Posts menu.
- Click on the Categories link in the submenu.
- In the Add New Category section, enter a name for your new category in the Name field.
- If you want to add a subcategory, select a parent category from the Parent dropdown menu.
- Enter a slug for your category, which is a URL-friendly version of the name. This can be left blank and WordPress will generate one for you automatically.
- Enter a description for your category in the Description field, if desired.
- Click the Add New Category button to save your changes.
You can repeat these steps to add additional categories and subcategories as needed.
If you want to display your categories and subcategories on your website, you’ll need to add a category or menu widget to your theme. You can do this by going to the Appearance > Widgets menu in your dashboard and adding a category or menu widget to one of the available widget areas.