Migrating a WordPress Site with All-in-One WP Migration Plugin: The Ultimate Guide
Migrating a WordPress site might seem like a daunting task, but with the right tool and knowledge, it is entirely achievable. The tool we’re talking about is the All-in-One WP Migration plugin, which simplifies the process and eliminates the need for technical skills. In this article, we provide you with a step-by-step guide to migrate a WordPress site using the All-in-One WP Migration plugin.
Step 1: Install the All-in-One WP Migration plugin
The first step in migrating your WordPress site with the All-in-One WP Migration plugin is to install the plugin. You can either download and upload the plugin manually or install it from the WordPress repository. Here are the steps to install the plugin from the WordPress repository:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to the Plugins section.
- Click on the Add New button located at the top of the page.
- Type ‘All-in-One WP Migration’ into the search bar and press enter.
- Click on the Install Now button adjacent to the All-in-One WP Migration plugin.
- Activate the plugin after the installation process is complete.
Step 2: Export your WordPress site
After activating the All-in-One WP Migration plugin, the next step is to export your WordPress site. Follow these steps to export your site:
- From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the All-in-One WP Migration plugin and click on the Export button.
- You will receive a pop-up window, where you will be prompted to choose where you want to export your site to, either to a file, a URL, or cloud storage.
- Click on the Export button to export your site. The export process might take a couple of minutes, depending on the size of your site.
- After the export process is complete, a download button will appear. Click on it to download the file to your computer.
Step 3: Import your WordPress site
The next step is to import your WordPress site to your new site. Follow these steps to import:
- Install and activate the All-in-One WP Migration plugin on your new WordPress site.
- Hover over the Import option and select it.
- Select the import file by clicking the Choose File button and choosing the export file downloaded earlier in step 2.
- Click on the Import button, and the import process will begin. This process might take some time, depending on the size of your site.
- After the import process is complete, you will be prompted to update your site’s permalinks. Click on the Update Permalinks button to update your site’s permalinks.
- Log in to your new site and verify that everything has been imported correctly.
Migrating a WordPress site using the All-in-One WP Migration plugin is an easy process that doesn’t require technical skills. In this article, we have shown you how to migrate your site without losing any data. However, it’s essential to note that some hosting providers may have file size limitations. Therefore, it’s crucial to check with your host and ensure that the import file size doesn’t exceed their limitations.