Get Perplexed with Our Guide to Adding Multiple Websites to WordPress
Are you ready to dive into the complex and vibrant world of WordPress?
With millions of websites already using this efficient platform, the number is growing exponentially.
But did you know that one of WordPress’s powers is the ability to manage multiple websites from one single platform?
Why You Should Add Multiple Websites to WordPress
- Manage multiple sites from one dashboard
- Easy maintenance
Now that you’re perplexed let us get started on our step-by-step guide!
Step 1: Create a Network on WordPress
Before we start, let’s create a network or multisite in WordPress.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a network in WordPress:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on “Tools” and then click “Network Setup.”
- Add a Site Address, Network Title, and your e-mail address.
- Click “Install” to complete the Setup.
- Refresh your WordPress site, and you’ll see a notification asking you to log in.
- You can now log into the newly created network site dashboard.
Step 2: Add a new site
Now that the network is created, the next step is to add a new site to the network. Here is how to do it:
- Log in to the network dashboard.
- Click on “Sites” on the left menu.
- Click on “Add New” on the right side.
- Add your new site’s address, including the sub-domain or sub-directory, that is, either domain.com/nameofsite or nameofsite.domain.com.
- Add Site Title and chose the admin E-mail address.
- Click on “Add Site” to complete the process.
Step 3: Set up your New Site
After adding your new site, the next thing is to set up the new site. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the new site you just created.
- Click on Settings to open the site settings menu.
- Update the site settings to fit your preference, such as Site Title, Sub-domain or Directory, Language, and Time Zone.
- Select any plugin or theme desired for your new site.
- Click “Save Changes” to complete the process.
Step 4: Manage your network sites
Now that your new site is live, let’s see how you can manage your network sites in WordPress.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on “My Sites” on the top-left corner.
- Select the site that you wish to manage and make changes.
- Start working on the selected site.
Important Tips to Consider
- Choose a Theme that Supports Multisite: Not all themes are ideal for the multisite setup. Hence, choose a quality theme that supports multisite setup.
- Install Plugins Carefully: If you install a plugin on the network, it is active on all sites unless you change the settings. Thus, be careful when downloading and installing plugins.
- Keep Everything Updated: Keep a regular check on both the WordPress primary installation and individual sites.
WordPress multisite is an excellent feature that enables you to manage multiple websites with ease.
By following these steps, you can add multiple websites to WordPress and manage them all from a single dashboard.
Remember to choose a quality theme, install plugins carefully, and keep regular checks on your sites, including WordPress updates.
With this, you can now create multiple websites without much trouble.
So, why not get started?