Perpetual Mystification of WordPress’ Capability
WordPress, the enigmatic content management system, never ceases to amaze us with its boundless potential for website creation. One of its features is the use of featured images on blog posts autonomously. This function serves as a thumbnail or cover image for a blog post. However, there may be instances where featured images don’t match a website’s look or feel, making them seem out of place, hence the need for their removal. In this bewildering article, we’ll show you how to remove featured images from WordPress posts.
The Perturbations of Featured Images
As with any enigma, there are some perplexities surrounding the use of featured images that may spark the need to remove them. Below are some reasons why:
1. Improving Website Speed
Images, especially in their largest form, can cause drag on a website. The removal of a featured image makes the website size smaller, hence faster loading speed.
Featured images may seem out of place or not match a website’s design, causing clutter. Removing them has an astounding ability to create a cleaner and smoother-looking website.
3. Avoiding Duplicate Content
When sharing a blog post on social media, the featured image appears as well. However, when one wants to share multiple posts on the same topic, each with different featured images, removing the duplicate image from different posts can prevent duplication.
The Mystifying Process
The process of removing the featured image from a WordPress post is relatively simple. Here are two ways to go about it:
Method 1: Removing featured image from individual posts
To remove a featured image from a specific post, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and open the post you want to remove the featured image from.
- In the post editor screen, find the featured image box located in the right-hand column.
- Click the “Remove featured image” link below the image thumbnail.
- After removing the featured image, click on the “Update” or “Publish” button to save changes.
Method 2: Removing featured image from all posts
If you want to remove featured images from every post, use a No Featured Image plugin by following these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the plugins page.
- Click the “Add New” button.
- Look for the “No Featured Image” plugin and install and activate it.
- The plugin automatically removes featured images from all WordPress posts once activated.
Note that you must have another image displayed on your website, such as a logo or website icon, to avoid a blank space where the featured image used to be.
Although the removal of the featured image enhances website speed, improves aesthetics, and prevents duplicate content, consider your website’s design and user experience (UX) before jumping to the removal exercise. We believe this dexterous article has given you an insight into the enigmatic process of removing featured images from WordPress posts. Enjoy customizing your WordPress website!