Discovering the Art of Effectively Displaying Testimonials in WordPress
Understanding the Importance of Testimonials in WordPress
WordPress, one of the most popular content management systems globally, is widely adopted by bloggers, companies, and organizations alike for its versatile features and absolute flexibility, making it an ideal solution for website development. One key feature of any website is the testimonials section. A testimonial can be an effective marketing tool for any business. When appropriately requested and presented, testimonials improve your credibility, increase visitors’ trust, and help attract potential customers. We will delve into how to display testimonials effectively in WordPress in this pillar article.
What are Testimonials?
Testimonials are recommendations or statements made by people who have used your services or products. They can come in written, audio, or video format and offer a social proof of the view people have of your brand, product, or service. Testimonials help to build trust and confidence in new customers, making it essential to display them prominently on your website.
What Are the Benefits of Testimonials on Your Website?
- Boost Trust and Credibility: Displaying testimonials helps to improve trust and credibility for your brand among visitors. Positive testimonials encourage potential customers to trust and make transactions with your business.
- Attract New Customers: Testimonials serve as endorsements for your business, attracting new visitors looking for products or services like yours.
- Improve Conversions: Testimonials can help boost conversions by reassuring prospects about the quality of the product or service they are interested in purchasing.
- Increase Engagement: By offering authenticity and showcasing how people benefit from your service or product, adding testimonials to your website can also improve engagement on your website.
Where to Display Testimonials in WordPress?
After collecting testimonials from your customers, you need to decide where to display them on your website. You have a few options:
1. Testimonial Page
A dedicated testimonial page is a perfect place to showcase all of your client feedback in one place. This page should be easily accessible from your home page and should have a simple design to keep the focus on the testimonials. You can also include filters or categories to help visitors find testimonials related to specific services or products.
2. Home Page Slider
If you’re looking to include testimonials on your home page, a slider can be a great option. A slider helps to keep your page uncluttered while still showcasing multiple testimonials. Slider plugins like Meta Slider or Soliloquy are excellent options for displaying testimonials.
Add a widget to embed a random testimonial on each page or display specific testimonials in certain areas of your website’s sidebar.
How to Add Testimonials to WordPress
There are two primary ways to add testimonials to your WordPress website: using a plugin or manually displaying them. Let’s explore both options.
1. Display Testimonials Manually
Manually displaying testimonials in WordPress requires coding knowledge but is not difficult. Here is how to display testimonials manually:
- Open the text editor in WordPress and create a new page or post.
- Add the following code to the page or post:
- Replace the sample testimonial text and the sample name of the person with the actual testimonial text and the name of the person who wrote it.
- Repeat the process for every other testimonial you have.
- Once you have added all the testimonials, publish the page or post.
[blockquote] Testimonial text [/blockquote]
[cite] Name of the person [/cite]
2. Use a Plugin to Display Testimonials
Using a plugin to display testimonials is much easier than displaying them manually. Many fantastic plugins are available to choose from. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- WPForms: WPForms is a popular form plugin that also comes with a testimonial feature. You can quickly add testimonials to any post or page with the WPForms shortcode.
- Testimonial Rotator: Testimonial Rotator is another perfect plugin for displaying multiple testimonials on a page. It comes with various display options, including slider, grid, and list.
- Hand-Crafted Testimonials: Hand-Crafted Testimonials is a free plugin that allows you to create and present testimonials easily. You can choose from different templates and customize everything, from the font to the background color.
The Bottom Line
The effective and strategic display of testimonials on your WordPress website goes a long way in improving your credibility, conversions, and overall appeal to potential clients or customers. Regularly updating your testimonials to keep your website up-to-date is crucial. By following the tips discussed in this article and utilizing the right tools and plugins, you should be able to showcase your business offerings and experiences of satisfied customers, increasing your website’s effectiveness and appeal.