5 Different Ways To Reset Windows 10 Password
There are several methods you can use to reset your Windows 10 password if you have forgotten it or can’t access your account:
- Use the “I forgot my password” feature: If you have access to the login screen, you can click on the “I forgot my password” link and follow the prompts to reset your password. This method requires access to the email address or phone number associated with your Microsoft account.
- Use a password reset disk: If you have created a password reset disk before forgetting your password, you can use it to reset your password. To do this, insert the disk into your computer and follow the prompts on the screen to reset your password.
- Use a Microsoft account: If you are using a Microsoft account to log in to Windows 10, you can reset your password by going to the Microsoft account password reset page and following the prompts.
- Use a local account: If you are using a local account to log in to Windows 10, you can reset your password by booting your computer from a Windows installation media (such as a USB drive or DVD) and using the “Reset your password” option in the Windows setup wizard.
- Use a third-party tool: There are several third-party tools available that can help you reset your Windows 10 password. These tools typically work by creating a bootable USB drive or CD that you can use to reset your password.
It’s important to note that some of these methods may not work if your account has been locked or disabled for security reasons. In these cases, you may need to contact your system administrator or Microsoft support for assistance.