17 Features And Tools Available On Youtube: Tips And Tricks You Should Know
YouTube is a popular video-sharing platform that allows users to upload, share, and view videos. It was created in 2005 and has since become a major source of entertainment and information for millions of people around the world. In this article, we will explore the various features and tools available on YouTube and how to use them effectively.
- Creating a YouTube account: To use YouTube, you need to create a Google account, which is free and easy to set up. You can use this account to sign in to YouTube and access all its features. If you already have a Google account, you can simply sign in to YouTube with your existing login credentials.
- Uploading videos: Once you have a YouTube account, you can start uploading videos to the platform. To do this, click on the camera icon in the top right corner of the YouTube homepage and select “upload video.” You will then be asked to choose a file to upload. Once you have selected a file, you will be taken to the upload page, where you can add a title, description, and tags to your video. You can also choose the privacy settings for your video, such as whether it is public, unlisted, or private.
- Creating a channel: A channel is a personal space on YouTube where you can upload and share your videos. When you create a YouTube account, you automatically get a channel. You can customize your channel by adding a profile picture, banner, and description. You can also organize your videos into playlists and create a custom URL for your channel.
- Subscribing to channels: One of the key features of YouTube is the ability to subscribe to channels and receive updates when new videos are published. To subscribe to a channel, click on the “subscribe” button on the channel page. You can also choose to receive notifications when new videos are published by clicking on the bell icon next to the subscribe button.
- Watching and sharing videos: You can watch videos on YouTube by clicking on the video thumbnail on the homepage or by searching for a specific video using the search bar. You can also share videos with your friends and followers by clicking on the “share” button and selecting the platform where you want to share the video (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or email).
- Liking and commenting on videos: You can show your support for a video by clicking on the “like” button. You can also leave a comment on a video by clicking on the “comment” button and typing your message in the text box.
- Managing your watch history: YouTube keeps track of the videos you watch and stores them in your watch history. You can access your watch history by clicking on the “history” tab in the left menu. You can also clear your watch history by clicking on the “clear all watch history” button.
- YouTube Premium: YouTube Premium is a paid subscription service that offers ad-free viewing, offline playback, and access to exclusive content. To sign up for YouTube Premium, click on the “try it free” button on the YouTube homepage.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV is a streaming service that allows you to watch live TV channels and on-demand shows and movies. It is available in select markets and can be accessed through the YouTube app on your phone, tablet, or smart TV.
- YouTube Music: YouTube Music is a music streaming service that allows you to listen to millions of songs and create personalized playlists. It is available as a standalone app or as part of YouTube Premium.
- YouTube Kids: YouTube Kids is a special version of YouTube designed for children under the age of 13. It features a curated selection of videos and channels that are appropriate for kids and is ad-free. To access YouTube Kids, you can download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- YouTube Studio: YouTube Studio is a tool that allows you to manage and analyze your channel and videos. It provides a range of features, including the ability to view analytics data, respond to comments, and edit video titles and descriptions. To access YouTube Studio, click on the three lines in the top left corner of the YouTube homepage and select “YouTube Studio.”
- YouTube Analytics: YouTube Analytics is a feature that provides detailed information about your channel and videos, such as views, likes, comments, and earnings. To access YouTube Analytics, go to YouTube Studio and click on the “analytics” tab in the left menu.
- YouTube Creator Academy: YouTube Creator Academy is a resource center that provides tips and best practices for creating and growing a successful channel on YouTube. To access the Creator Academy, go to YouTube Studio and click on the “creator academy” tab in the left menu.
- YouTube Community: YouTube Community is a feature that allows you to interact with other YouTube users and creators. You can use the Community tab to post updates, photos, and videos, and to respond to comments. To access the Community tab, click on the three lines in the top left corner of the YouTube homepage and select “Community.”
- YouTube Partnerships: YouTube Partnerships is a program that allows eligible creators to monetize their videos through ads, merchandise, and other revenue streams. To apply for YouTube Partnerships, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria and apply through the YouTube Partner Program.
- YouTube Creator Fund: The YouTube Creator Fund is a program that provides financial support to select creators to help them produce high-quality content. To apply for the Creator Fund, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria and apply through the YouTube Creator Academy.
In conclusion, YouTube is a feature-rich platform that offers a wide range of tools and resources for creators and viewers. Whether you want to watch videos, create your own content, or grow your channel, there are many ways to use YouTube effectively. We hope this article has provided you with a helpful overview of the various features and tools available on YouTube and how to use them.